Sunday, July 5, 2009

Little somethings...

Ok, I have little somethings at work in my garden (and for all of you out there who don't speak "weirdo," little somethings means little spirits or fairies or something like that). I went out to my garden several days ago and I found my budding squash seeds rearranged- not dug up and eaten, not dug up and taken away, rearranged. As in taken from their current resting spot and placed in another (re-planted). I found it odd but passed it off as birds or some other creature finding the seeds not to their liking and dropping them. So I placed my bird netting over the garden...
Well...yesterday I went out and discovered the same thing (except now my seedlings have grown more and don't resemble seeds so there is no reason for little animals to mistake them as such). A few squash plants were uprooted and placed (they looked placed, not scattered) elsewhere in the garden. I looked all over for signs of hoof prints, rodent tunnel openings/mounds, and bird prints...nothing.
I know it isn't any of the human in habitants here because mom would never do anything like that and rob was in Portland both times...
Hummmmm.... the mystery continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment